I went to see a performance art show at a strip club.
Really anyone who goes to a strip club can say that. I can’t say that I did anything but walk through the club to get to the back room where the art show was happening.
The show was part of Boulder Art Week Shows.
These are my impressions.
- It smelled like layers of cigarettes and perfume and something else.
- I thought it was a misnomer to call it a gentleman’s club.
- Everyone looks better under dim red lights. Even my tired face. Maybe I should replace the bulbs in my house.
- When I walked in the man at the counter thought I was coming to apply for a job. When I was in college I thought about applying for a job there. I thought about doing an anonymous blog talking about my work there. I didn’t do any of that.
- I got to peek at an empty dressing room and a sign that said Ladies: You must always be dancing on stage! Even if there is only one customer. Failure to comply: $20 fine and/or sent home.
I totally get that. Same thing with storytelling. If there is one person stopping to listen I will tell the story.
Oh, and the show was interesting. Music by Riley Ann was fantastic.